Monday, November 14, 2005

Stretched

Do you ever feel like you are just being stretched in too many different directions? I feel that way now. It seems like everyone wants a piece of you and there are not enough to go around. My parents want us at there house or to be at ours and T's mom wants us at hers. Mine feel like we have to be up there at least once a month and them down here once a month, making it two weekends with us all together. T's mom gets mad if we spend more time with them than her so therefore we have to try to even it out. So that leaves T and I with how many weekends with just ourselves? Not many at all! Right now during the holidays it is even worse.

I've decided to have Itty Bitty's 1st birthday here where we live. Everyone else will just have to deal with it. I am tired of trying to make everyone else happy and wearing myself out. How do you tell someone that they are coming around too often? I just want it to be my 3 member family sometimes. At times my parents just say "We will be down next weekend." I thought it was to go like this, "Is is okay if we come down next weekend?" Maybe I am backward?

I need to find something that I can do by myself and just enjoy it. I am with Itty all day and all night. Of course I am her mommy so I should be. Should I? I mean is it okay to take a couple of hours a week and do something with out her? I tend to her and then T is always wanting me to this or that and I get so worn out. I think it would be nice to take a painting class at one of the local craft stores. My aunt does this and she seems to really enjoy it plus she comes away with some really nice art work. T took Itty on a date to Wal Mart the other night for just an hour and a half but it was nice. Even though I did house work while they were out it was nice to be able to do it without worry about her or getting interrupted by him.

Does anyone read this thing? How is it that some blogs are just really popular and others are not so? Hmmm. Something to think about.

3 Comments:

Blogger Am said...

I totally can relate to you...don't feel bad for wanting time for yourself. Without it us moms would go crazy. I used to feel so guilty, no I realize it's a MUST. :o)

11:48 AM  
Blogger Lanie said...

I read your blog and I leave comments that you never respond to. You also never comment on my blog even though I comment on yours. This is probably why more people don't read yours.

7:37 PM  
Blogger Tuimeltje said...

Don't worry, your blog's being read :)
I just found out about it a few days ago and actually had to get myself a blogger account.

Why is it weird that you want to have Itty Bitty's birthday where you live? Really, it's your call.

I imagine her grandparents want to see her regularly, but it's still nice to have time with just the fam occasionally.
And them telling they will come down instead of asking if they could is a little on the rude side.
Do they live far away? If they live close, they could just come for a day, or even a half-day.

Could you talk to both sets of grandparents about it? Telling them you love them, that you know they love to see Itty Bitty (and she loves to see them), but that you'd like it if they asked if they could come and that if you say they can't, it's not because you don't love them anymore but because you want some quiet time?

Doing something cool for yourself sounds like a great idea! You need time for yourself.
Doing something for yourself will probably make you happy and more confident, which will not just be good for you, but good for your entire family.

I don't think I spent every minute of the day with my mother when I was younger, and I turned out just fine. Really, a few hours a week without mummy won't harm Itty Bitty.

And I won't have you feeling guilty about thinking of yourself for a bit, so don't even think about doing that!

12:38 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home