Monday, November 28, 2005

Hey! Shove Tater Tots in My Pants & Take Me 2 The Hospital

My floor is slowly disappearing. Covered in this and that and everything else. It is driving me CRAZY!! We are trying to move things from one room to another to get things rolling so we can get our house fixed from the hurricane. It is awful. There is no where to go with it.

Since my room is full of mold we have been camped out in the living room on our couches. I have 2 herniated disks in my lower back. Couches are not a bad-back's best friend. It, my back, has been sore for the last couple of weeks. I figured it was because of sleeping on the couch but I had no other place to lay my tired head.

On Thanksgiving it started giving out on me. There I was standing in the kitchen trying to make my pumpkin roll and it glitched. When it does this it spasms and I cannot walk at all. Pain to the passing out point. My mom rushed and got me a chair so I could sit down in the kitchen where I was standing. Gave me a Vicodin and then shoved tater tots in my pants. Yes, tater tots! She said the cold would help it. I was about to pass out so if a little taters in my pants would help then bring them on. I sat there for an hour while the starch numbed my back an the meds kicked in. I then was very careful all day, popped pills and it seemed to feel better...until around 10 p.m.

I sat down on the couch to feed Itty Bitty and after I finished I started to get up and it did it again but much worse. Bring on the ambulance! Thomas calls them and they come, load me up on the stretcher and off we go to the ER. We get to the ER and by then my 2 Vicodin that I took right before the lovely EMTs loaded my plump bod had kicked in. Thank God. I had to pee. I was able to shuffle to the bathroom and get back to my room without a spasm from throwing me to the floor. I then got blood taken to check to see if I was preggers. Negative on that. I then was given a gown in which a toothpick should have been wearing instead of the whole tree. I had to go get X-Rays with my hiney hanging out of the gown. The tech sniffed and said "Did you put a cream on your back." I replied with "Yes, Bengay...I'm minty fresh." The X-ray techs love me...last time this happened it was a guy and I freely handed him my bra. The X-rays came back looking like the ones I had done 3 years ago did. I was given something called Soma. The nurse said "Soma puts you in a coma." Good stuff.

So now I am finally back home, my home and trying to take care of Itty Bitty and keep my back from going out. Having a bad back sucks tater tots.

1 Comments:

Blogger Lanie said...

Oh my goodness. I can't imagine trying to recover from a freakin' hurricane (I've never even seen a hurricane or a tornado for that matter); hold, feed, and care for a baby; and take care of regular household duties, let alone doing all of it with a bad back. At least you get good drugs. After my knee surgery, vicodin became my best friend.

So, were the tater tots in the bag still?

4:06 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home